Friday, February 09, 2007

I think we've watched too much Dora lately

Karen rolled over from her tummy for the first time Wednesday evening.

It was followed by a celebratory song and dance that goes as follows: "Dundundundundundundun She did it! She did it! She did it! Yay! Lo Hizo! She did it! ...Karen was on her tummy...and then she rolled over, yeah she did it. She did it! She did it! Hooray!" ...with the little arms back and forth movements.

And last night, Noah was hitting a ball saying, "Whack! Whack! Say it with me Mommy. Whack! Whack!"

Good thing that DVD is going back to the library soon.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

It's true, once a Dora or Diego song gets in your head it's hard to get out. I don't dare sing the "Rescue Pack" song or I'm toast.

Anne/kq said...

I HATE Dora. She is not allowed in my house.

Y'see, when I was teaching daycare, one little girl brought a three-foot-high, dancing, singing Dora doll EVERY FRIDAY (the only day they were allowed from-home toys) for THREE MONTHS. And the ONLY song she sang was that "We did it!" song. *shudders* I was scarred for life.

Plus, she's just creepy looking. Her head is shaped like a football. What's up with that?

Anyway, it's the one toddler show absolutely not allowed in my house.