Monday, December 11, 2006

What the kids are up to

Noah is a hyper little boy. He likes to jump, throw things, and count (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 8, 9, 10, 11, 8, 9...). Also he likes music. He requests repeats of his favorite songs on the Christmas CD in the car ("Play dat aGIN!") and loves to play with instruments (piano, violin, saxophone...).
Doesn't it totally look like he's playing a duet?

Sarah is devious in getting into things (no idea where she gets that). She likes to paint, have picnics, play computer games, and put things in bags. She's very interested in homonyms. Every so often, out of the blue, she'll announce, "A ring can be a sound or something you can wear." or "Park is what we do with the car or somewhere we can go to play." And it surprises me every time.

She also likes to make faces. And Grandpa taught her how to 'blow up' her muscles.



Karen likes to sleep. She sleeps a lot. Sometimes she doesn't want to sleep unless I hold her...usually around evening time when I'm trying to fix dinner or put the other kids to bed. She likes to be held.



Also, she was smiling at me this morning. She's done the reflex smiling for a few weeks, but this morning, I'm pretty sure she was smiling at me. We'll just say she was. I love baby interaction. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! My older daughter smiled socially at 2 weeks, my second at 3 1/2 weeks. Real social smiles, not reflex or gas smiles. Don't let people tell you it's not possible, it is. Especially when you have very aware, observant kids!