Saturday, January 27, 2007

2-year-olds

Now that Sarah appears to be over most of her destructive phases (the make up, the nail polish, the potions, the dumped food...), of course it's Noah's turn.

He's a little devil some days. Today, his favorite pastime was poking Karen in the eye when I wasn't looking. He was up till almost 11 last night because he kept getting out of bed, playing with toys, trying to climb into Karen's crib, etc. I was pretty proud of myself for not losing it--just returning him to bed firmly every time I caught him out. And yesterday, I caught him in the middle of his big sister's bed with scissors, merrily cutting a giant hole in the middle of her sheets. He managed to cut a small hole in his pants and shirt while he was at it. And of course, he's trying to give up napping, which gives him plenty more time to get into mischief. I just have to shake my head and sigh.

Oh, and on top of the late night last night, my husband woke me up around 5 a.m. (when he was getting ready to leave me for a Scout 20-mile hike) to let me know that the hamster has gotten out. We searched the house, but no luck so far. She's still loose around here somewhere. Hopefully she'll come out of hiding when she gets hungry. (Ha ha. Like there's any shortage of food on the floor she can scavenge.)

3 comments:

Mean Mommy said...

Update: Rich got back from the hike (in one piece) and found Goldie (the hamster) in the corner of the kids' bathroom closet. She was a little skittish from having been out so long and pretty thirsty--but otherwise unharmed. Daddy is a hero!

Anonymous said...

We never put toys in the kids bedrooms so there are no toys for Evan to play with when he is deciding not to nap (I hate it when he skips his nap) and yet he still managed to find things to giggle and laugh at. I think his blanket must be ultra hilarious.

Anonymous said...

When it rains, it pours, eh?