Friday, January 12, 2007

Elmo's a Crook

Noah has been waking up with bad dreams during the night recently. Fortunately, a binky helps him go back to sleep quickly...if he can find it. Last night he woke up again and kept crying, so I went in to help him find the binky. When I got there, he was sitting up in bed holding his new Elmo doll from Nana for Christmas...and shaking it. Then I realized he did find a binky--but Elmo wouldn't give it up. As I searched through blankets for the real binky, I asked him, "Aww, did Elmo steal your binky?" He nodded sadly and cried. At which point I found the binky, and he laid back down, pacified, and went to sleep again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've had problems with toys stealing binks too. About six months ago we had searched the WHOLE house looking for one of Ezra's binks so that he would go to bed. After an hour of fruitless searching we decided just to put him to bed without it. We were met with a huge fit, of course. And then I had a revelation - check Mr. Potato Head! Sure enough, all four binks were tucked neatly inside. Shesh!

Mean Mommy said...

It's incredible how you can have FIVE MILLION binkies and not be able to find one. At this point, I'm not buying any more. When they're all lost, he's done.

Anonymous said...

That made me giggle and it also made me glad that none of my kids is a binky kid. My youngest is a hard core thumb sucker however and I foresee issues with that later on in life.

Mean Mommy said...

Yeah, I have a thumb sucker and 2 binky kids. I think I prefer the binky, despite the potential for losing. The oldest has calluses on her thumb and an overbite.

Anonymous said...

lol! That's hilarious. Our baby has finally outgrown "pacis" for good. Daughter the elder didn't use one for more than six weeks, and that only once in a while. *sigh*