Jenni tagged me, so here you go:
I tag...Ginger, KQ, and whoever else wants to.
What were you doing 10 years ago?
February '98. Hmm, winter semester of my freshman year at BYU... I was taking Honors Astronomy at 8 a.m. and having a horrible time staying awake, some high-level Economics class under the delusion that I was going to get an Econ minor, an Honors literature seminar where I had interesting class discussions while doing less than half the reading...basically being a freshman slacker, since for the first time no one was looking over my shoulder at my grades (C, B+, A- if you're interested...and why wouldn't you be?)
5 things on my to-do list today:
1. Finish my book that's overdue at the library. (Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale)
2. Call the school to find out how I can get Sarah in 1st grade.
3. Mess around with extractions indexing.
4. Go to the library.
5. Make something real for dinner (rather than leftovers or whatever's in the fridge).
Things I would do if I were suddenly a billionaire:
1. Hire a financial manager.
2. Get a bigger house with all the cool stuff that's fun to imagine (library, sound proof music rooms...)
3. Get a bomb shelter...or maybe just the fun food storage rotation shelves to fill with good stuff in my brand new basement.
4. Shopping...just think, I could own more than two pairs of jeans, and the kids could wear things that fit instead of the stuff they're growing out of but I'm too cheap to replace...
5. Investments...lots of them. College funds, annuities, real estate... Oh, I'd have so much fun playing with enough money that transaction costs don't eat up my profits.
2 of my bad habits:
1. I frequently forget laundry half way through. I leave it sitting in the washer all day or let it sit in the dryer getting all wrinkly. If by some miracle it gets hung up, it usually doesn't make if off the rack in the laundry room.
2. I let dishes pile up in the sink until there're more than will fit in the dishwasher and we're out of spoons.
Places I have lived:
1. Edwards AFB, CA
2. Clearfield, UT
3. Beaver Creek, OH
4. Mesa, AZ
5. Tucson, AZ
6. Provo, UT
7. Tucson, AZ
8. Sahuarita, AZ
5 Jobs I have had:
1. Penny Saver paper route
2. Eegee's sandwich maker/cashier
3. BYU Janitor - evening shift, then 4 a.m. shift
4. D.A.R.R.T. researcher (I can't even remember what that stands for--something about digital, research, and team--but we worked on getting copyright permission for images to be used in online BYU courses.)
5. Admin. Asst. to the VP of Finance at Tucson Newspapers
5 Things people don't know about me:
1. I have MVP. (mitral valve prolapse...which as far as I can tell does nothing)
2. I cut my own hair. (Nobody knows that, right? You can't tell?)
3. I have never driven over 85 mph.
4. I've been pulled over by a cop once (no ticket though)...who knew you can't make U-turns in Oregon?
5. I haven't ironed an article of clothing (other than fabric for sewing) in at least 5 years.