Thursday, May 15, 2008

How do I Know?

I've had this song from Enchanted running through my head on-again, off-again since early this year. I was going to do a Valentine's Day post on it...then I was going to do an Anniversary post on it... And it hasn't gotten written yet, so I just have to do it. Even without the cutesy occasion.

So, I like the words throughout the song:
"How do I know he loves me?
...He'll find a new way to show you a little bit every day
...He'll find his own way to tell you with the little things he'll do
...His heart will be yours forever, something every day will show
...That's how you know..."

And I love that it highlights the little things, the every day things that show love. So, here's my "That's how I know" list:
  • He calls me every day from work to let me know when he's on his way home.
  • He changes the first (and often second) diapers of the day before leaving for work.
  • He gives the best gifts.
  • He puts up with me being silly with my sisters.
  • He does more than his fair share of chores around the house.
  • He's never forgotten a birthday or anniversary or event.
  • He saves receipts for my compulsive spreadsheets.
  • He read Twilight just to 'get educated' on my obsession.
  • He encourages me to go to a movie on my own every so often.
  • He takes the kids for long walks all by himself to give me a break in the evening.
  • He puts in hours at work at odd times to be home when the kids are awake.
  • He delays going in to work some mornings so I can get a kid-free shower.
  • He takes the garbage out every week.
  • He offers to go shopping with me.
  • He'll make calls when my phone phobia flares.
  • He signs every email he sends me "Love, Rich"
  • Good hugs.
  • He wrote me a song.
  • And he spent multiple days putting together a music video for it.
  • And he recorded the vocals despite his misconception that he can't sing.
That's just the list I came up with in about 10 minutes. Maybe this will be a regular installment, since I'm sure I'll think of more things as soon as I post.

Coming soon also...cruise report.

5 comments:

Jenni said...

You have a phone phobia, too?!?!

I loved your list!

Awesome Mom said...

He sounds like a great hubbie! I know mine loves me because when the battery in our van died and had to be replaced he re set the clock and all of my radio presets.

You snagged a spot on my pay it forward. Email me at awesome_mom2061ATyahooDOTcom so that I can ask you a few questions and get started on your gift.

ahem. said...

"He puts up with me being silly with my sisters."

Yay!

Ginger said...

I've always thought Rich was a real catch and definitely perfect for you. Thanks for marrying and being nice to my Kum Kum, Rich!

Melissa said...

what a catch!