Sunday, June 10, 2007

Crazy boy Noah

Earlier this week, Noah made the following observation in the car: "I can't unbuckle my seat because then I would fly out the window and then there would be no more Noah to sit in his seat." Yes. Good idea.

While we were waiting for Daddy after Church today, we were sitting on a couch in the foyer.Noah stood up and tried to jump on the couch, and when I stopped him, I started to say, "Jumping on the couch can hurt the couch. We don't want to hurt the couches in Heavenly Father's house..." At which point, he jumped in to say, "No...it would make Jesus cry, like this Uhhhuhuhuhuh (really fake crying) like a baby." Ummm. Yes, yes it would. Sure...whatever stops the jumping on the couch...

This afternoon, he poured ice water over Karen's head. I don't know what possesses him sometimes. I don't usually resort to retaliatory consequences, but in this case, I had Rich get some water to pour on Noah's head (just a little) while I comforted Karen. Noah didn't like it, but he wasn't particularly traumatized or anything. He did say he wouldn't do it again (without his usual smirk that says..."until you're not looking").

And he took an hour and a half to get him to bed tonight. That is SO frustrating. He just gets out everytime I put him back. And then he hits me! Grrr. And he talks back in the worst way:

"Stay in bed or I'll have to put your cup in time out."

"I will get it out."

"No, I'll put it up high where you can't reach."

"Then I will use the sword to knock it down."

"Well, then we will have to put the sword in time out too."

"I will get it out too."

"Then maybe we should just get rid of the sword."

"In the big garbage outside?"

"Yup."

"I will knock over the cars and get it back."

"Just go to bed."

"Hee hee hee!" *runs away*


Grrr....then Mommy says to Daddy "I'm gonna knock that boy out. With Benadryl or something." Except that I wouldn't. Besides the fact that we don't have any, I'm not sure it would have the desired effect. Not that I'd consider it anyway...

2 comments:

Anne/kq said...

I'd watch out for that stuff, Benadryl makes Ems HYPER.

Those are so hilarious; he reminds me a lot of Emma...

Mean Mommy said...

That's what I'm afraid of. I don't need him with any more energy than he's already got.