Monday, July 28, 2008

Sarah's First Day of School



So, we got the call that a space opened up at Great Expectations Academy, and we are so excited that Sarah got to start first grade today! Her teacher is Mrs. Trella. She says her first day was fine. "It's not at all like preschool. It's harder. And it took a long time." Here's the rest of her report:

"My first day of school was good. It was good. My teacher was nice. My teacher was fun. I was good in school, and I liked it. I was second in being good. Recess was the most fun of all. I love you, Sarah."

I tried to prompt a few more details, but she must have been going through computer withdrawal because she's glued to the monitor and not paying much attention to me. She told me on the ride home that she had two recesses plus lunch. She talked a lot about her lunch and what she did and didn't eat. She said they eat outside, and there are sprayers around the tables (to keep it from getting too hot). They played Bingo with classmates' names, and Sarah got a Christmas tree eraser. They wrote lower case letters, and Sarah wrote her name with lower case letters. They had 'math minute,' but she forgets what that was. They also read Chicka Chicka 1 2 3.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I'm very glad your first day of school went well. Now you're all grown up. :)

Anonymous said...

So, she skipped kindergarten or was that last year? I get so confused. I know you were having issues with schools....

I don't get to send another one to school until next year. *Sigh*

Anne/kq said...

Wow! Sounds like fun!

We are starting "school at home" this September. We are excited!