Thursday, August 09, 2007

Family Vacation, Part I

July was a busy month for us. We did the annual Grand Canyon campout with my side of the family back-to-back with a big activity reunion with Rich's side.

Grand Canyon:



Karen spent lots of time sitting with people in the hammock.


Sarah and Noah liked playing with their "cousins," Melissa's kittens.






General cuteness ensued.



And I was just a little bit crazy about Harry Potter. Which we sneaked out to Flagstaff in order pick up at midnight.

Kanab:



We stayed in a hotel in Kanab in between the Grand Canyon and Zion Ponderosa. I was...reading Harry Potter much of that time, and Rich was nice enough to distract kids. But we did have time to go for a walk and to a little memorial park with small waterfalls, lots of lizards, and pretty rocks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO! You posted to your blog! I've been waiting for you to update. :P

I like the new family picture too...

And you do have cute kids. Almost as cute as mine....

Anne/kq said...

Awww, cute pictures! The ones of Sarah in the yellow shirt are especially preciousness.