Friday, June 27, 2008

You get what you ask for

Karen is becoming a talking machine. Aside from her latest favorite word, two/to/too, she is mastering lots of words.

Foods: milk, cheese, cookie, cracker, cup
Commands: up, more, hep (help), op[en], down, "do it!"
People: MomMEEE!, DAddy!, Mememe (Who's a big girl? Mememe!), Ba-pa (Grandpa)
Animals: Kitty-meow, puppy-oof oof, duck-quack
Basics: Yes, no, pease, thanks

She's getting better at asking for things too. It's always frustrating to have her come ask, "Pease? Pease?" And then play the guessing game called "Please what? What do you want?" Her new, improved request: "Pease? I want! Pease? I want!" That's very helpful Karen.

3 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

Lol! Harry likes to mumble something and then look at me expectantly. When I ask him to repeat himself he will smile at me and look expectant. Not very helpful either.

Anne/kq said...

*giggles* Oh, yes, "Please what?" "Pweeze DAT!" is what happens in our house more often than I care to think of! I think that's a pretty common stage...

Anonymous said...

I love that game though! I mean, without that, it'd take me 1 minute instead of 10 to meet BabyBoo's requests and a lot less tears. Just WHERE is the fun in that?