Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Christmas Music

I play Christmas music on the sly all year round. About mid-October, when it stops getting into the 90s every day, I start playing it in the car and during the day. Once it gets to November, I give up, and start playing it all day long. Here are my Christmas albums:

Favorites from Growing Up:

Because It's Christmas - Barry Manilow
The Christmas Album - Neil Diamond
Christmas Portrait - Carpenters
Miracles: The Holiday Album - Kenny G
Once Upon a Christmas - Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton

Rich's Favorites from Growing Up (the ones that weren't already listed):

Airus Christmas - Kurt Bestor
A Canadian Brass Christmas
Fresh Aire Christmas - Mannheim Steamroller
A Christmas Treasure - Julie Andrews

New Favorites:

The Gift - Jim Brickman
Handel: Messiah - Mormon Tabernacle Choir
Home for Christmas - Alstons
Noel - Josh Groban
Nutcracker Suite - Warsaw Orchestra

Ones That Aren't Necessarily Favorites (But it's Christmas!):

Airus Christmas II - Kurt Bestor
A Charlie Brown Christmas (& 40 Years mix of various artists)
A Christmas Gift of Love - Barry Manilow
Beyond the Season - Garth Brooks
Christmas Classics (dollar bin generic mix)
A Christmas Experiment - Canadian Brass
Christmas Favorites - Nat King Cole
Christmas with Chanticleer
Christmas with Julie Andrews
A Classical Christmas - Messiah (dollar bin recording)
The Forgotten Carols - Michael McLean
Holiday High Notes (another dollar bin mix)
Primarily for Christmas - Brett Raymond

Buying new this Season:

A Brad Paisley Christmas
The Christmas Collection - Reba McEntire
Christmas Songs - Diana Krall

What are your favorites?

4 comments:

Ginger said...

I love Christmas music too! Love it love it love it! My favorites are:

*Rocky Mountain Christmas - John Denver (getting to know this CD was one of the the few good things that came of sharing an apartment with Siri. She did have some good music. And some bad music. But this was a good one :)

*These Are Special Times - Celine Dion

*Celtic Woman: A Christmas Celebration (HOLY MACKEREL it's like listening to real angels)

Tyler Waterfall said...

Wow! I'm impressed by your list, and your "confession" made me smile. I always get a hankering for Christmas music in mid-September, and then I hold off until after Thanksgiving. One of our family favorites is John Rutter's Christmas Album. It just feels magical to me.

Mean Mommy said...

John Rutter! Hey, I bought a CD of his last year, and it got stuffed some where. I gotta find that guy!

Ah...John Denver. Ah Siri. Good times.

Anonymous said...

Reba's Christmas is my fav, hands down. Though I really like the Alabama Christmas too. And Charlotte Church.

I'm on the prowl for a really, really good kid one.